Specifications subject to change without notice.
See the Barracuda Backup Data Sheet on the Barracuda Networks website for additional feature details.
This article refers to Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliances. For specifications on the Barracuda Backup appliance, see Barracuda Backup Appliance Hardware Specifications.
Secure your data against physical theft with Barracuda’s hardware-encrypted purpose-built backup appliances to prevent sensitive and critical data from falling into the wrong hands if disk drives are lost or stolen.
- Barracuda Encrypted Backup allows organizations to quickly and cost-effectively deploy hardware-encrypted backup appliances in their environment to protect encrypted sources and meet regulatory requirements.
- Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliances help secure against data loss if disk drives are lost or stolen. The encrypted data on the disk drives is inaccessible when separated from the backup appliance – making sure it cannot be used maliciously when in the wrong hands.
- Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliances use hardware encryption, avoiding the significant performance and efficiency degradations that plague software-based approaches.
- Encryption models protect data with hardware-based encryption, including a Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Enterprise_A, TCG with FIPS 140-2 certification, Level 2.
- Communication between the RAID controller and the hard disks uses AES 128-bit encryption. However, data is stored on the hard disks using AES 256-bit encryption.
The Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliance ships with a default security/encryption key. Once you enter a new encryption key during the initial configuration, the key is known only to you; Barracuda cannot retrieve your key.
The Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliance also provides the option to configure a power-on password for additional security.
Barracuda Encrypted Backup Model 6090, 8090, 9090, and 10090 Comparison
Usable Storage Capacity
|12 TB||24 TB||48 TB||96 TB|
|6 TB||12 TB||24 TB||48 TB|
(inches: W x H x D)
|17.2 x 1.7 x 27.0||17.4 x 3.5 x 25.8||17.4 x 5.3 x 23.8||17.4 x 7.0 x 27.9|
2 x 1GB RJ45
2 x 10GB RJ45
YES (Disabled by default)
|4 x 6 TB||8 x 6 TB||12 x 6 TB||20 x 6 TB|
Redundant Disk Array (RAID)
HW RAID 10
HW RAID 60
Dedicated Database and OS Disks
|4 x 6 TB|
Redundant Disk Array (OS)
HW RAID 10
Redundant Power Supplies
AC Input Current
Barracuda Cloud Control centralized management
Barracuda Backup Agent
Windows File System & System State, Microsoft Applications (Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint), Linux
Network Backups Included
NAS, Unix, Linux, Mac OS X
Host level: VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V Guest level: Citrix XenServer, Oracle VM, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, KVM
Microsoft Office 365 including Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online
Global, Inline, Block-Level, Source- and Target-Based
Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) Recovery
Export to External Media
Local and Cloud LiveBoot
Sender and Receiver
Barracuda Backup Models 990 and 995 Drive Layout
Barracuda Backup Model 1090 Drive Layout
Barracuda Encrypted Backup Model 8090 Drive Layout
Barracuda Encrypted Backup Model 9090 Drive Layout
Barracuda Encrypted Backup Model Model 10090 Drive Layout