Specifications subject to change without notice.
See the Barracuda Backup Data Sheet on the Barracuda Networks website for additional feature details.
This article refers to Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliances. For specifications on the Barracuda Backup appliance, see Barracuda Backup Appliance Hardware Specifications.
Secure your data against physical theft with Barracuda’s hardware-encrypted purpose-built backup appliances to prevent sensitive and critical data from falling into the wrong hands if disk drives are lost or stolen.
- Barracuda Encrypted Backup allows organizations to quickly and cost-effectively deploy hardware-encrypted backup appliances in their environment to protect encrypted sources and meet regulatory requirements.
- Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliances help secure against data loss if disk drives are lost or stolen. The encrypted data on the disk drives is inaccessible when separated from the backup appliance – making sure it cannot be used maliciously when in the wrong hands.
- Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliances use hardware encryption, avoiding the significant performance and efficiency degradation that plague software-based approaches.
- Encryption models protect data with hardware-based encryption.
- Communication between the RAID controller and the hard disks uses AES 128-bit encryption. However, data stored on the hard disks uses AES 256-bit encryption.
The Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliance ships with a default security/encryption key. Once you enter a new encryption key during the initial configuration, the key is known only to you; Barracuda cannot retrieve your key.
The Barracuda Encrypted Backup appliance also provides the option to configure a power-on password for additional security.
Barracuda Encrypted Backup Model 6090, 8090, 9090, and 10090 Comparison
Usable Storage Capacity
|12 TB||24 TB||48 TB||96 TB|
|6 TB||12 TB||24 TB||48 TB|
(inches: W x H x D)
|17.2 x 1.7 x 27.0||17.4 x 3.5 x 25.8||17.4 x 5.3 x 23.8||17.4 x 7.0 x 27.9|
2 x 1GB RJ45
2 x 10GB RJ45
|4 x 6 TB||8 x 6 TB||12 x 6 TB||20 x 6 TB|
Redundant Disk Array (RAID)
HW RAID 10
HW RAID 60
Dedicated Database and OS Disks
|4 x 6 TB|
Redundant Disk Array (OS)
HW RAID 10
Redundant Power Supplies
AC Input Current
Physical Appliance, Encrypted Physical Appliance, Virtual Appliance
Remote Physical Appliance, Remote Virtual Appliance, Barracuda Cloud Storage, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Barracuda Cloud Control Centralized Administration
Microsoft Windows (Microsoft Server, Hyper-V, Exchange, SQL), Linus, macOS
Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Host-Level Virtual Environments
VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V
|Guest-Level Virtual Environments||Citrix XenServer, Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM), Oracle VM, Red Hat Virtualization|
|Deduplication||Global, Inline, Block-Level, Source- and Target-Based|
|Rapid Recovery||LiveBoot, Cloud LiveBoot, Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), LiveBrowse|
|Long-Term Retention||Offsite Vaulting to Barracuda Cloud, Export to Amazon Web Services (AWS), External Disk, Tape, Autoloader, Robotic Library|
Barracuda Backup Models 990 and 995 Drive Layout
Barracuda Backup Model 1090 Drive Layout
Barracuda Encrypted Backup Model 8090 Drive Layout
Barracuda Encrypted Backup Model 9090 Drive Layout
Barracuda Encrypted Backup Model Model 10090 Drive Layout