You can replicate data to multiple locations using a Barracuda Backup Vx. For example, if you want a copy of your data at a secondary location within your organization and another copy of the same data within Barracuda Cloud Storage, then replication and bandwidth rate limits are configured for both locations.
Table 2 lists the Barracuda Backup Vx supported replication options.
Table 2. Barracuda Backup Vx Replication Options.
|Barracuda Cloud Storage||One way||Site-to-cloud||Per TB per year|
|Receiver Vx (1)||One way||Site-to-site||Included|
|Backup Vx (2)||Bi-directional||Site-to-site (3)||Included|
|Backup Appliance (3)||Bi-directional||Site-to-Site (3)||Included|
A separate subscription is available to enable replication from a physical appliance to a dedicated Barracuda Backup Receiver Vx is available. You cannot replicate multiple physical appliances to a Barracuda Backup Receiver Vx.
For MSPs, Barracuda's strategy is to build the best cloud infrastructure. Additionally, if an MSP wants to replicate customer data to a single, very large Barracuda Backup Vx and host their own cloud, then:
- Data replication to a Receiver Vx is limited to 1:1
- Site-to-site replication is not as good as replication to Barracuda Cloud Storage
- A Barracuda Backup Receiver Vx cannot back up data, only a licensed Barracuda Backup Vx can back up data. The Barracuda Backup Receiver Vx can only receive data from a single, licensed Barracuda Backup Vx or from a single physical appliance with a Virtual Receiver subscription.
- The Unlimited Cloud Storage plan is not available with the Barracuda Backup Vx
- Replication among Barracuda Backup Vx appliances is limited to 1:1