To deploy the Barracuda Backup Vx,
- Download the Vx image from Barracuda, and import the image into your VMware or Hyper-V virtual environment.
- Once imported, go to the Barracuda online evaluation request form to obtain an evaluation license and verify the evaluation instance can be converted to a fully licensed Vx at the time of purchase.
- Once complete, configure the amount of disk space, memory, CPU, and network interfaces you want to use.
For more information, see the following:
- Barracuda Backup Virtual Deployment
- Barracuda Backup Virtual Appliance White Paper
- Barracuda Virtual Deployment Options
Once the Barracuda Backup Vx is provisioned, you can link to Barracuda Cloud Control and configure backups in the same manner as the physical appliance. Note that you use the same image (OVD or VHD) to provision both the Barracuda Backup Vx and (optional) Receiver Vx. To download the image: