Use the following steps to restore a VMware vSphere virtual machine (VM) back to the original location or an alternate location:
- Log in to the Barracuda Backup web interface, and go to the Restore > Restore Browser page.
- Expand the VMware data source on the left, and click on the VM you want to restore; all available revisions display.
- Click Restore to the right of the revision to restore.
- In the Restore dialog box, select the following options:
- Restore to – Select where the vVM is to be restored. Vmware VMs can be restored to a different host or cluster. For restores to alternate hosts managed by a vCenter server, you must use the vCenter server address and credentials. Restores directly to an ESXi host managed by vCenter will fail.
- VM Name– Select whether to use the default or enter a new name.
Overwrite – When selected, the restore overwrites existing data for any existing VM with the same name.
Click Start Restore.
To view the restore progress, go to the Reports > Restore page.