To restore a Hyper-V virtual machine (VM) back to the original location or an alternate location, use the following steps:
- Log in to the Barracuda Backup cloud or local interface, and go to the Restore > Restore Browser page.
- Expand the Hyper-V data source, and click on the VM you want to restore; all available revisions display.
- Click Restore to the right of the revision to restore.
- In the Restore dialog box, select the following options:
- Restore to – select where the VM is to be restored
- Restore normally – Restores and registers the VM using the same file path it was backed up with
- Restore to an alternate location – Restores the VM to a different file path that you specify in the associated field
Restore to file system – Restores the VM as a flat file that you can later import into Hyper-V
- Click Start Restore.
To view to progress of the restore, go to the Reports > Restore page.