All Barracuda Backup Servers, all firmware versions.
The Barracuda Backup Service utilizes the Barracuda Backup Agent to backup and restore the Microsoft Windows System State. Microsoft Windows System State backups allow backup of critical system related components. The System State backup contains the local Registry, COM+ Class Registration Database, the System Boot Files, Active Directory Database File (NTDS.DIT) for Domain Controllers, and the SYSVOL folder. A System State Backup can be used to recover to a known good system state after a hardware or software crash.
Follow the steps below to add a computer and configure the data source:
- Open the Settings > Backup Management page on the Barracuda Backup Service Web interface.
- Click Add Computer, and then define the field values as follows:
- Assigned Backup Server. The Backup Server that you want the computer to be added to.
- Computer Description. A name to identify the computer.
- Computer Hostname. The name or IP address of the computer on the network.
- Computer Type. The operating system on the computer to be backed up.
- Windows/Novell Version. The OS version that the computer to be backed up is running.
- Username/Password. Credentials to access password-protected servers on your network.
- Click Save Changes to save the configuration for the new computer.
- Click Add Backup Data, then define the field values as follows:
- Computer Name. The computer that the data is located on.
- Data Description. A name to identify the data that is being backed up.
- Data Type. Select System State as the type of data to be backed up.
- Send Data Offsite. Whether to send the data offsite to be backed up.
When left unchecked, the data will only be stored on the local Backup Server.
- Click Save Changes to save the configuration for the data source.
Refer to Solution #00003876 for details on creating a backup schedule.
Refer to Solution #00003877 for details on creating retention policies.
Link to This Page: