This solution applies to all Barracuda Backup Servers.
1. Rebuild the server as close as possible to the original specs (OS, Service Pack level, Hardware Configuration, etc.) and install the Barracuda Backup Agent.
2. Reboot the server into directory services restore mode:
- Server 2003: reboot and press F8 for advanced boot options, choosing Directory Services Restore Mode and login normally.
- Server 2008: Log in to a regular session, open the command prompt on the server, and run the following commands:
C:\> bcdedit /set safeboot dsrepair
C:\> shutdown -r -t 1
This will reboot the server into directory services restore mode. Login as you normally would. This may require your specific credentials: .\administrator with the set DSRM password.
3. Login to the control panel at http://backup.barracuda.com and navigate to Restore. Then select the system state data from the correct, original source via the control panel.
4. Choose the day you want to restore the system state from, and then choose Restore button on the bottom right.
5. An interface will pop up asking where you would like to restore the backup. It also provides you the ability to specify a hostname or IP address in the field below the dropdown box. Enter the IP address of the new server, and press Start Restore. The restoration will now start.
The restore process generally takes between 20 to 30 minutes to complete.
The Barracuda Backup Agent must be installed on the destination machine and you must have a physical Barracuda Backup Server to be able to restore. You will not be able to perform an Agent restore from the cloud.
If upon restarting the server you find that it is still in safe mode you can run the command "bcdedit /deletevalue safeboot" and then reboot to reach the normal mode again.
Link to this page: