This solution applies to the Barracuda Backup Service.
NetApp Data ONTAP 7G devices run a proprietary operating system, which the Barracuda Backup Service does not explicitly support. However, the operating system can be configured to allow CIFS data sharing using either Active Directory domain authentication, Windows NT 4 domain authentication, Windows Workgroup authentication using the filer's local user accounts, or /etc/passwd and/or NIS/LDAP authentication.
You do this by following the steps in two sections below (Add Computer and Add Data Source) to setup the CIFS share as a data source:
- Go to the control panel homepage (http://backup.barracuda.com), navigate to Backup and choose Add Computer.
- Enter the computer description of your choice, followed by the IP address or resolvable hostname of the NetApp device in the computer hostname field.
- For the Computer Type, select Microsoft Windows.
- For the Windows Version, choose Windows 2000.
- In the username field, depending on the type of authentication setup for your NetApp device, enter an appropriate username that has at minimum of read access to your CIFS shares on your NetApp ONTAP device (e.g., NETAPP\administrator).
- Testing the credentials should yield a Status: OK message. Otherwise, please check your entered credentials and try again. When successful, click the Save button and return to the homepage.
Add Data Source
- Again, navigate to Backup and select Add Data Source link for the newly added NetApp computer.
- Enter a description for this Data Source (e.g. NetApp Data).
- Under Data Type, select File Share.
- Choose whether or not you would like this data to be sent offsite or remain on the local Barracuda Backup Server only by either selecting or deselecting the box.
- Enter the share name for the share you wish to backup (this can be found by running the command # cifs shares on the NetApp device). Alternatively, select the toggle all shares link below the Share Name field and push the Fetch All Shares button. This will list all available shares on the device. Select the share you would like to use and click Use This Share.
- Press the Test Share button to ensure everything is working as intended with access to the share. Note: this tests the username you entered in the Add Computer section.
- Choose whether you would like to backup all folders (Select all folders option) found in this share (Caution: this can backup a lot of data if you have chosen a root directory share) or select specific folders (click Fetch Folder button to see the available folders).
- Click Save Changes.
Link to this page: