Applies to Barracuda Backup Service, all versions and associated servers running Microsoft Exchange 2003 or Microsoft Exchange 2007.
The Exchange connector in the Barracuda Backup Service restores the entire Storage Group; it does not allow for restores of individual mailboxes or individual databases within a Storage Group. When you restore an Exchange Database from a backup, your current database files will be overwritten. As a precaution, you should rename the old database files before you begin the restore process.
- Open Exchange System Manager.
- Navigate to the Storage Group to be restored.
- Right-click on the store and select Properties. Open the Database Tab, select "This database can be overwritten by a restore", and then click OK.
- Right-click on each store and click Dismount. Note that a highlighted Storage Group in Exchange System Manager is an indication that the item is locked and the BBS will not restore it.
- Close Exchange System Manager.
- Navigate to the transaction logs and database directory, located in C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mdbdata by default, and rename the storage group files or move them to a backup folder. These files have *.edb, *.stm, *.chk and *.log extensions.
- Launch a restore of the appropriate Exchange database(s) via the control panel.
Link to this page: