Before Getting Started
- Verify that you have the four mounting screws included with your appliance; these are required for mounting the chassis into the rack;
- Verify the rack unit is set up in a Restricted Access Location, for example, dedicated equipment rooms, service closets, and other secure, clean, dust-free well ventilated environments;
- Verify approximately 30 inches of clearance is available in the back of the rack to allow for sufficient airflow and ease of servicing;
- Verify the area does not generate heat, electrical noise, or electromagnetic fields;
- A grounded power outlet is available.
Inspect the Packaging
Before getting started, inspect the shipping box and note if there is any damage. If the chassis itself shows any damage, file a damage claim with the carrier who delivered your Barracuda Networks appliance.
Install the Barracuda Backup Appliance into the Rack
- Slide the Barracuda chassis into the rack.
- Align the through holes of the chassis with the through holes of the rack.
Insert the mounting screws into the thru holes in the front of the chassis and through the thru holes in the rack:
For detailed configuration steps, refer to the Getting Started section for the rack mounted appliance.