The Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) service scans files for malware, zero-day exploits, and targeted attacks not detected by Email Gateway Defense (formerly Barracuda Email Security Service) virus scanning features or intrusion prevention system. ATP analyzes files in a separate, secured cloud environment, and once scanning is complete, determines the risk level for each scan (determination), and then assigns a verdict.
The Barracuda Networks ATP team has made some significant enhancements and updates to our ATP service! All Barracuda Networks products have been successfully switched over to the new and enhanced ATP infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Barracuda Cloud Protection Layer
- Barracuda Cloud Gen Firewall
- Barracuda Web Security Gateway
- Barracuda Content Shield
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall
- Email Gateway Defense (formerly Barracuda Email Security Service)
- Incident Response (formerly Barracuda Forensics)
- Faster scan/processing times – Updated sandbox technology with better efficacy, performance, and ability to handle larger scan volumes.
- [NEW!] Dynamic Analysis Layer – Addition of a new dynamic analysis layer that specializes in scanning Adobe PDFs and Microsoft Office documents.
- Improved Accuracy – Reduction in false-positive and false-negative verdicts as a result of improvements in accuracy and detection across ATP layers.
- Processing during spikes in traffic – Ability to process larger volume of spiking and sustained traffic during busy hours.
- Enhanced scalability – Service stack built from the ground up, optimized to scale with ability to onboard and efficiently process thousands of new ATP clients/agents in the field.