All Barracuda Spam Firewalls, firmware versions 3.5 and above.
All Barracuda Web Filters, firmware versions 3.0 and above.
All Barracuda IM Servers, firmware versions 3.0 and above.
All Barracuda Load Balancers, firmware versions 2.0 and above.
All Barracuda Message Archivers, all firmware versions.
All Barracuda Link Balancers, all firmware versions.
Each Barracuda Networks product handles its logs in different ways. Below is a list describing how the maximum log size of each Barracuda Networks product is determined.
- Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall - There is no set number; the size of the Message Log is determined by available disk space. In firmware versions 3.5 and above, the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall will store email until it reaches 75% capacity. After the mail/log storage reaches 75%, the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall will automatically remove emails from the message log to make room for new messages. For more information, see Solution #00003040. You can also archive the messages in the Message Log with the Barracuda Message Archiver (see Solution #00002396).
- Barracuda Web Filter - The Traffic Log size is by default limited to 250,000 entries. It can be increased, but that is not recommended. Up to 6 months of archived data stored.
- Barracuda IM Server - The Message Log's size is limited only by the available disk space on the Barracuda IM Server. You can configure a retention policy to prevent the Barracuda IM Server from storing any logs older than the specified age. For more information on configuring a retention policy, see Solution #00003555. You can also archive the messages in the Message Log with the Barracuda Message Archiver (see Solution #00003408).
- Barracuda Load Balancer - The Event Log is limited by file size, but it will hold up to roughly 10,000 entries.
- Barracuda Message Archiver - The Search Log of the Barracuda Message Archiver is only limited by available storage space, which varies by model number. If you wish to increase the storage capacity of your Barracuda Message Archiver, you can configure it to extend onto external storage devices. For more information, see Solution #00002671.
- Barracuda Link Balancer - The Event Log is limited by file size, but it will hold up to roughly 10,000 entries.
Link to This Page: