All Email Security Gateway, all firmware versions.
As a protection against spam and the abuse of distribution groups, Microsoft implemented sender authentication and restriction capabilities in Microsoft Exchange 2007. This setting is enabled by default for all distribution groups and dynamic distribution groups. This setting will function as designed with the Email Security Gateway: only internal, authenticated users will be able to send to protected distribution groups. If you wish to enable unauthenticated or external users to send mail to a specific distribution group, take the following steps:
- Locate and double-click on the distribution group in question.
- Click on the Mail Flow Settings tab.
- Select Message Delivery Restrictions.
- Click Properties.
- Untick the checkbox Require that all senders are authenticated to enable your Email Security Gateway to pass messages to Exchange 2007 distribution groups.
- Click OK, then click OK again to commit the change.
For further reference on message delivery restrictions in Exchange 2007, please take a look at the Microsoft TechNet article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397214.aspx
Link to This Page: