This solution applies to all Barracuda SSL VPNs, all firmware versions.
To change the password for the appliance web interface administrator account entitled admin, perform the following steps:
- Log into the appliance web interface of your Barracuda SSL VPN.
- Navigate to Basic > Administration.
- Under the Password Change header, provide your Old Password, your New Password, and enter your new password again in Re-Type New Password.
- Click Save Password. Your password is now updated.
- Log into the SSL VPN web interface of your Barracuda SSL VPN with the ssladmin account.
- Click on the link entitled Manage Account, which is located in the upper-right of the web interface.
- Navigate to My Account > Change Password.
- Provide your Old password, your New password, and enter your new password again in Confirm new password.
- Click Save. Your password is now updated.
The ssladmin user cannot be deleted or disabled. Its use can be restricted by IP. For more information on implementing IP restrictions on your Barracuda SSL VPN, please refer to Solution #00003992.
If you ever forget the ssladmin password, you can reset the password through the appliance side interface. Log into the appliance interface, then go to Basic > Administration > Reset ssladmin password. This will allow you to log back into the ssladmin using the default password.
Link to This Page: