This solution applies to all Barracuda SSL VPNs, all firmware versions.
To modify user account attributes and information, follow the below instructions:
- Login to the explorer interface with the superuser account ssladmin.
- From the dropdown menu in the upper-right of the screen, select the user database in which the account you wish to restrict resides (models 380 and up only).
- Navigate to Access Control > Accounts.
- Next to the account you wish to restrict, click on the edit icon in the Action column.
- You will be presented with a number of fields that you can modify. The fields are as follows:
- Details: Details include the account Username, Full name, Email address, and whether or not the account is Enabled. You can add user group membership by typing in the group name in the Group Name field and clicking the Add > button to add an account; you can also remove groups by highlighting a group in the Selected Groups field and clicking the < Remove button.
- Attributes: You can specify a host name or IP address for the user's computer in the My Computer field. This is useful for creating resources, such as a remote desktop resource, in which the hostname or IP address is provided as a user-dependent variable.
- Authorized IP: You can restrict login capabilities to specific IP addresses or ranges by entering an IP address or range into the Authorized IP Address field. Example: 192.168.1.*. The authorized IP user attribute is used in conjunction with the authorized IP authentication module. For more information on implementing authentication schemes, please refer to Solution #00003777.
- Contact Info: You can provide a user's Cell Phone number.
- Mail Checking: You can provide a user's Mail Folder and Mail Username, which is used if you configure Outlook RPC. For more information on Outlook RPC, please refer to Solution #00003725.
- Profiles: You can select which profile the user's account loads on login by selecting the profile from the Startup Profile dropdown menu.
- Click Save to commit the changes.