ArchiveOne Enterprise, 6.6 or earlier
If you are running both ArchiveOne Enterprise (Policy) and ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance) on the same server, you can perform an in-place upgrade to ArchiveOne Enterprise v6.6. Your installation must meet the following requirements:
- Policy v6.5.3 or later;
- Compliance v6.5.1 or later;
- Both Policy and Compliance use the same Configuration Server (the configuration data for both products in stored in the same Add-ins shared folder);
- Using the default SQL Express 2008 instance (named 'C2CARCHIVEONE') which you installed using the ArchiveOne installer. If you are using a SQL instance on another server, or a local SQL instance not named 'C2CARCHIVEONE', you will see the warning message:
'If you are not certain whether to perform an in-place upgrade or upgrade via uninstall/reinstall, then please contact your C2C Support representative for advice.'
HOW TO STEPS
Use the following steps to perform an in-place upgrade of both Policy and Compliance.
You will need a new license for ArchiveOne Enterprise if you wish to combine the Journal archiving functionality of Compliance and the mailbox archiving functionality of Policy into a single installation. To request your updated license from your Support representative you will need your current licence details. From the ArchiveOne Enterprise (Policy) administration console:
- Right-click the Status node and select 'Configure...'.
- Select the Licensing tab and click 'Review or Change License Key'.
- Take a screenshot of your license details.
- Send your license details to your Barracuda Networks Support representative requesting a new combined license for your Enterprise v6.6 installation.
Uninstall ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance)
- On the Archive server, uninstall ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance) from the Control Panel.
- If you do not uninstall Compliance first, you will see the warning 'Compliance Installation Detected'.
- Click 'OK' and 'Finish' to close the installer and uninstall Compliance before running the installation again.
Run the Installation
- Right-click the installer and select 'Run as administrator'.
- A warning displays stating that if you have customized the installation, you will need to reapply these customizations. Click 'OK' to proceed.
- The Installation Wizard will open and will warn you that an earlier version of ArchiveOne Enterprise has been detected. Click 'Next' to begin the upgrade.
- On the License Agreement step, read the license agreement and select 'I Agree' to accept the license terms. Click 'Next' to proceed.
- On the Customer Information step enter your 'User Name' and 'Organization' and click 'Next' to proceed.
- On the Custom Setup step, select the required components for installation. By default, all components will be installed.
- ArchiveOne Service: This will only be installed on the archive server and cannot be installed on any other machine.
- Case Management Service: This will install an additional service for the ArchiveOne Advanced Discovery feature. As it is dependent on the ArchiveOne service it can only be installed on the archive server and cannot be installed on any other machine.
- ArchiveOne Admin: This installs the ArchiveOne administration console. This will be installed on the Archive server and can optionally be installed on additional machines if required.
- Index Optimizer: This will install an additional service for the ArchiveOne Index Optimizer feature. This can be installed on the archive server or on another machine if required.
- Search and Retrieval website: This can be installed on the Archive server and/or on another server(s) (e.g. a Front End server) to allow both internal & external access to the archive.
- Client Installers: This will be installed on the Archive server and does not need to be installed anywhere else.
- PST Client: This will be installed on the Archive server and does not need to be installed anywhere else.The default installation location is C:\Program Files (x86)\C2C Systems\Archive One. Click the 'Change...' button to modify the installation location if required and click 'Next' to proceed.
- On the Ready to Install the Program step click 'Install' to begin the installation.
- The automated installation will now run for several minutes. Once completed, click 'Finish' to close the wizard.
Choose Configuration Server
- Launch the Administration console from the shortcut on the desktop.
- Right-click the Status node and select 'Choose Server' to choose the Configuration Server.
- Enter the hostname of the Configuration Server and click 'OK'.
- The System Configuration Wizard launches. If it doesn't launch, right-click the Status node and select 'Run System Configuration Wizard'.
- Follow the procedure ArchiveOne First Time Configuration to complete the system configuration.
- As part of the System Configuration Wizard, you should now have applied your updated licence key which enables journal archiving. To configure journal archiving, run the Journal archiving wizard.
- You can now import your settings from your old Compliance installation. This will import any mailboxes not already listed on the Mailbox Manager, your old Compliance repositories and your old Compliance archive searches.
If the ArchiveOne Search & Retrieval websites are installed on a separate Web server and not on the Archive server, each Web server will need to be upgraded:
- Right-click the installer and select 'Run as administrator'.
- You will be prompted that ArchiveOne will be upgraded if you continue. Click 'Yes' to proceed.
- You will be warned that if you have customized the installation, you will need to reapply these customizations. Click ?OK? to proceed.
- Click 'Next' to start the installation.
- Click 'Finish' to complete the installer. If you have customized the original installation, you will now need to reapply your customizations.Once the archive server and any Web servers have been upgraded, you will need to upgrade the Quick Link Client and Laptop Clients where deployed.
- The new version of the client MSIs are available in the installation directory on the Archive server (by default, C:\Program Files (x86)\C2C Systems\Archive One).
Once the upgrade is complete, test the system functionality to ensure users can retrieve messages from the archive and policies run successfully.
Link To This Page: