Define Saved Search Retention Policies
You can define a retention policy based on a Saved Search to automatically delete archived messages from the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service. Note that before you can create a Saved Search retention policy, you must create at least one Saved Search in the Basic > Search > Advanced Search page.
Messages that match the specified Saved Search are permanently removed from the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service when the age of the message exceeds the specified Saved Search policy length.
If you define multiple Saved Search retention policies, if the age of any message exceeds the maximum age allowed by all Saved Search retention policies that apply to the message, that message is permanently deleted from the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service.
Because a Saved Search retention policy overrides the Global retention policy, Saved Search retention policies are useful when you want to create exceptions to a global retention policy.
Automate Message Purging
To run Saved Search retention policies against archived messages, go to the Policy > Retention page, and turn on Allow automatic message deletion. Once enabled, the Saved Search policies are run against archived messages weekly on Friday night.
Set Up Saved Search Retention Policy
- Log in to the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service, go to the Basic > Search page, and in the Standard tab, click Advanced.
- Enter the search criteria, and click Save Search.
- Enter the Search Name, and click OK.
- Go to the Policy > Retention page, and verify that Allow automatic message deletion is set to Yes.
- Click Add Retention Policy to open the Add Retention Policy dialog box.
- From the Saved Search drop-down menu, select the name of the saved search on which to base this retention policy.
- In the Keep on box section, specify whether to retain archived messages forever, or for a specified number of days:
- Forever – Messages meeting the Saved Search criteria on this Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service are retained forever.
For – Enter the number of days to retain archived messages that match the selected Saved Search criteria.
Click Submit to save the Saved Search retention policy.