- Latest iPhone Barracuda Archive Search application available for download from iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/barracuda-archive-search/id684270246
- iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad running iOS 5.1.1 or later
- Email address archived by your organization's Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service
The Barracuda Companion mobile application allows you to perform various actions with your messages that are stored in your organization's Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service including:
- Search for archived messages based on email content, or constrain the search to a date range, a specific sender, or subject line content;
- Search deleted messages and emails no longer visible in your mail application;
- View and interact with (reply to, reply all, or forward) archived messages.
These actions are available directly from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, allowing transparent access to, and interaction with, your archived messages.
Use the following steps to configure the mobile application:
- Launch Barracuda Archived Mail, and tap Settings; the Settings page displays.
Tap in the Host field, and enter your region-specific MAS hostname, for example: mas.barracudanetworks.com
In the Email field, tap and enter your email address from which to access archived messages.
- Tap in the Password field, and enter your password associated with the entered email address.
- Confirm your settings, and tap Save at the top of the screen.
Search for Archived Messages
Once configuration is complete, you can begin searching your archived emails. Tap Email at the top of the view, and tap on the desired search criteria.
Table 1. Search Criteria.
|All||Returns all messages that contain the search string anywhere in the From field, subject line, or email content.|
|Subject||Returns messages that contain the keyword only in the subject line.|
|From||Returns messages that contain the keyword only in the From field.|
|Advanced||Restrict the results to a predefined date range. Only those emails sent within the specified date(s) are returned in the search.|
Tap in the Search field to display the keypad. Use the keypad to enter the desired keyword or search string; you must enter at least one keyword to perform a search. Keywords must be alpha-numeric characters, and are not case sensitive. Additionally, you can use wildcards to represent one or more other characters to use search patterns.
Table 2. Wildcards.
Wildcards are characters in search strings that can match arbitrary characters in a search. They can only be used as part of a single word, and are not allowed as the first character of a search word.
|? (single question mark)||Specifies a single alphanumeric character. Question marks can be appended to search for a specific number of characters, for example, a???a returns five letter words that start and end with "a" or "A".|
|Specifies zero or more alphanumeric characters. For example, pl* returns "plane", "planning", etc.|
Once you specify the keyword and select the search criteria, tap Search to display the first 100 messages matching your search criteria, or tap Cancel to clear the field and enter a new keyword or search string.
Advanced Search Settings
To specify a specific date range in which to search, tap Advanced at the top of the view. The Advanced Search page displays the current date. To change the date range, tap Date Range. Tap on the desired date to update the field with your selection.
All messages matching the specified criteria display in the search results:
Reply to and Forward Archived Messages
Once you complete a search of your archived messages, you can view the message, reply to the message, or forward the message:
- Tap on a message to display the full content in the window
- Tap the Details icon to the right of a message; a pop-up window displays the available additional actions:
- Reply to – Sends an email response only to the message originator.
- Reply all – Sends an email response to the message originator and all recipients
- Forward – Send a copy of the archived message to one or more new email addresses.
- Tap on an item, or tap the Details icon to view the selected message.