Exchange Integration now supports the Exchange Web Services (EWS) protocol for connecting to Exchange Online. With the deprecation of Basic Authentication in Exchange Online at the end of October 2022, using EWS will allow Exchange Integration to continue to work with Exchange Online. You will need to configure a new Exchange Integration source, and new actions configured using that source will use EWS.
In addition to ensuring that Exchange Integration will continue to connect to Exchange Online after October 2022, the switch to EWS simplifies the Exchange Integration configuration by eliminating the need to use a service account and the accompanying requirement to update the service account's permissions after creating new users with mailboxes.
You must have a Microsoft 365 account with administrator privileges.
Note that you will no longer need a service account to set up an Exchange Online source.
Add a New Exchange Online Source
- Log into the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service as the admin, and go to MAIL SOURCE > Exchange Integration.
Click Start New Action. In the Select Action page, click Email Import.
- In the Select Source page, click Add New Source.
- Select Exchange Online to configure using EWS.
- Enter a configuration name and click Authorize.
- A new pop-up window prompts you to enter your Microsoft 365 administrator account login information from which Exchange Integration will process mail.
- Click Accept to authorize the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service application to access your details.
- You are redirected back to the Select Source page. You should now see the new source in the list. Select the new source and click Continue.
- In the Configure Action page
- Select All Users from the drop-down menu.
In the Date section, select All Items.
In the Schedule section, select Now for a one-time import, or click Nightly to configure an ongoing nightly data import.
Expand Advanced Options, and select Import Only Conversation History.
- Click Continue.
- Verify the configuration settings in the View Summary page, and then click Submit to add the Email Import to the Scheduled Actions table.