Policy Alerts are notifications that go out either daily or weekly and include any policy violations found from the built in policies or any saved search policies that have been created. See Saved Searches and Litigation Holds for more information.
Policy Alerts allow the administrator to implement and monitor policies regarding email traffic, and identify both new and existing messages that meet the specified criteria. Use any Saved Search to create a new custom policy from the Policy > Alerts page. You can also modify existing policies from this page.
Administrators can choose to add themselves to the alerts list for these standard policies as well as for any custom Policy Alerts. They are then notified via email either weekly or daily, whenever messages meeting the specified criteria enter into the archive with the offending messages attached to the notification email in a .zip file.
Use the following steps to create a new custom Policy Alert:
- Log in to the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service, go to the Basic > Search page, and click Advanced.
- Enter the criteria for the policy. Click the + symbol to add additional search parameters, and click AND/OR to further clarify the search criteria.
- Click Search to execute the search and verify the results. Click Save Search, enter a saved search name, and then click OK.
- Go to the Policy > Alerts page. Enter the Policy Name, and select Saved Search from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your email address to receive email alerts when a message meeting the selected Saved Search criteria is detected, and select the Alert Frequency.
- Click Add.