This article refers to the BCC Mobile App for iOS version 1.64 or greater, on an iOS device running 5.1.1 or greater (iPhone and iPod Touch).
If you want to run this application on an iPad, see the article BCC Mobile App for iPad.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA), also known as two-factor authentication, is a security feature that requires two forms of authentication to access Barracuda Cloud Control. Use the Barracuda iOS Mobile App to generate a secondary authentication token. See BCC Mobile App for iOS and Multi-Factor Authentication for details.
Through the BCC Mobile App for iOS you can view the status of your Barracuda Backup Servers and devices connected through Barracuda Appliance Control. Additionally, you can contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for assistance and, if necessary, open a support tunnel for your devices.
Once you download and install the BCC Mobile App for iOS from the App Store, you can log in and manage your devices.
The following table describes the available actions in the BCC Mobile App for iOS:
|Barracuda launch icon||Tap to launch the BCC Mobile App for iOS.|
|Email and Password||Enter your Barracuda Cloud Control account login email address and the associated password to log into the BCC Mobile App for iOS.|
|Forgot Password||Tap to request a new password sent to your Barracuda Cloud Control account login email address; note that there is no notification if an invalid login email account is entered. Tap Cancel to return to the log in screen.|
|Log In||Once you enter your login credentials, tap Log In to access device status by product.|
|Log Out||On the Settings page, and tap Log Out to log out of the BCC Mobile App for iOS.|
When set to On on the device, the BCC Mobile App for iOS remembers your login and password in a secure location, and you are no longer required to enter your user name and password at log in.
When set to Off on the device, you must enter your user name and password each time you log into the BCC Mobile App for iOS. Note that when the application is pushed to the background, you remain logged in unless it remains in the background for an extended amount of time (e.g., 60 minutes).
|Demo Account||Tap to log into a demonstration account. Note that this account has a limited set of features.|
|Products/Groups||Tap Products to view available devices and Barracuda Backup Servers by product type, or tap Groups to view devices by your predefined Barracuda Appliance Control device groupings.|
|Support||Tap to view details on contacting Barracuda Networks Technical Support, or to open a tunnel for devices connected through Barracuda Cloud Control.|
|Arrow||Tap to view more information for the selected item.|
|Refresh||Tap to refresh the display. Note that the display automatically refreshes approximately every 60 seconds.|
|Settings||Tap to access the Settings page where you can log out of BCC Mobile App for iOS and access additional information including the 'About' statement, application version, and privacy and third party legal software licenses.|
|Done||When you are on the Contact Support screen, tap Back to return to the device view.|
|Support Tunnel||Support Tunnel access for troubleshooting. Note that this feature is available only for devices connected through Barracuda Cloud Control.|
View Barracuda Backup and connected device health and status details.
- Launch the BCC Mobile App for iOS:
- Tap the Email Address field, and enter your Barracuda Cloud Control account email address.
- Tap the Password field, and enter the associated password.
- You can optionally tap Remember Me to set the option to On if you want the device to remember your login details.
- Tap Log In; your Barracuda Backup and connected devices display in the Products view.
Request New Password
- Launch the BCC Mobile App for iOS.
- Tap Forgot password; the Request New Password page displays:
- Tap in the Email Address field and enter your Barracuda Cloud Control account email address.
- Tap Submit. Instructions to reset your password are sent to your email address.
View Demo Account
If you want to "test drive" the BCC Mobile App for iOS, tap View Demo Account () to access a reduced set of features.
View Products and Groups
Once you log into the BCC Mobile App for iOS, the status of each Barracuda Backup and devices connected through Barracuda Appliance Control display by product type:
- Each device displays an icon indicating the device status; note that each indicator has a unique shape to support users with color blindness:
- Green circle – Indicates the status is ok
- Orange triangle – Indicates one or more warnings were encountered on the device
- Red square – Indicates one or more critical errors and/or warnings were encountered on the device
Tap on the device name to view more detailed information for the selected device:
If you defined groups for your connected devices in Barracuda Appliance Control, tap Groups to view the devices alphabetically by grouping.
If at any time you want to contact support, tap the Support () icon to access the Support page; note that the Barracuda Networks Technical Support Office contact information displays based on the locale setting of your iOS device (Settings > General > International > Region Format):
Open Support Tunnel
For devices connected through Barracuda Appliance Control, you can open a support tunnel to allow Barracuda Network Technical Support to troubleshoot your device. Because Barracuda Networks has support centers around the world, the Barracuda Technical Support Office email address is automatically selected based on the iOS device locale setting.
- On the Products page, tap on the device in question.
- Tap Support Tunnel to open the Support page.
- The device details, including the serial number, display at the top of the page. Tap Open Tunnel.
- Once the tunnel opens, tap Email Support (or tap Close Tunnel if you do not want to continue):
- An email displays the selected device details and support tunnel information:
- Tap in the email to bring up the keyboard if you want to edit the details, and then tap Send at the top of the view to send the email to Barracuda Networks Technical Support.
Access Settings and Log Out
- Tap the Settings () icon at the bottom of any view to access the Settings screen.
- To log out of BCC Mobile App for iOS, tap Log Out at the top of the screen.
- This screen displays the following information:
- Barracuda Cloud Control account email address
- BCC Mobile App for iOS version
- Access to Barracuda Cloud Control version and connection details
- Privacy and third-party agreements
- Tap on the item to view the content:
- Tap Settings to return to the Settings view.
Error and Warning Messages
The following table lists error and warning messages and solutions:
|Account Authorization||If you log in with an account that does not have authorization to access devices through Barracuda Appliance Control or Barracuda Backup, an error message displays.||
Server Error: The account is not authorized to view the status of devices. Please verify your account settings and try again.
|Tap OK to close the error message. Check your login credentials and try logging back into the BCC Mobile App for iOS.|
|Account Setup||If you log in with an account that is not subscribed to any service, an error message displays.||
Server Error: Setup for this account has not been completed. Please log into the Barracuda Cloud Control website to add devices or Backup Servers.
|Tap OK to close the error message. Create a Barracuda Cloud Control or Barracuda Backup account, and then log into the BCC Mobile App for iOS.|
|Support Tunnel Authorization||If you access the BCC Mobile App for iOS via the 'Demo Account' and tap Support Tunnel, an error message displays.||
This account is not authorized to open the support tunnel.
|Log into the BCC Mobile App for iOS using your login credentials.|
|Support Tunnel Error||If an error is encountered when opening a support tunnel, an error message displays.||
Server Error: Error in opening tunnel to device.
|Tap OK to close the error message. Attempt to open the support tunnel once again. If the error is again encountered, contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support.|
|Group Set Up||If you have not yet created groups, or if your groups are empty, the Groups Fetch Status message displays.||
Groups Fetch Status: There are no groups associated with this account or the groups have no devices. Please log into the Barracuda Cloud Control website to manage groups.
|Tap OK to close the error message. Log into the Barracuda Cloud Control web interface and define device groupings.|
|No Products Found||If there are no products associated with the login account, the Products Fetch Status message displays.||
Products Fetch Status: There are no products associated with this account. Please log into the Barracuda Cloud Control website to add devices.
|Tap OK to close the error message. Log into the Barracuda Cloud Control web interface and connect your devices through Barracuda Appliance Control.|