To create a new Barracuda Cloud Control user, the administrator must first add the user to your Barracuda Networks account, and set permissions for that user within the account. For that user, these permissions apply to all Barracuda Networks products and services connected to your Barracuda Networks account. You then create permissions for the user within Barracuda Cloud Control, defining whether the user can view and run reports, manage other Barracuda Cloud Control users, connect products through Barracuda Appliance Control, etc.
To add a user to Barracuda Cloud Control,
- Log into http://login.barracudanetworks.com/ as the account administrator.
- Click Home > Admin > Users; the Users page displays.
- Click Add User; the new user options display.
- In the User Details section, enter the following details:
- Name – Enter the user's first and last name.
Email – Enter the user's email address to be used as the login username. The user is sent an email to this address with instructions on configuring their password.
- Starting Page – Select the page to display upon login.
- Use the Multi-Factor Authentication section to manage MFA settings. For details, refer to Multi-Factor Authentication in Barracuda Cloud Control.
Select user Privileges:
User Management – User can add, remove, and edit user accounts.
Billing Administration – User can update account billing information.
Add Product Entitlements
In the Product Entitlements list, turn on the subscribed to Barracuda Networks products and services that this user can access when they log into the account.
Click Save User. If you selected Backup or Appliance Control in the Product Entitlements list, you can now configure permissions using the instructions below.
Configure Barracuda Appliance Control Permissions
- Click the user's name in the Users table, and then click Configure Permissions directly below Appliance Control:
The BASIC > User Management page displays in the Barracuda Appliance Control web interface. The Users table displays user details.
Click Edit User in the Administrator Actions column for the new user. The Edit User page displays.
Select the Preferred Time Zone to display all data viewed by the account. All statistics and report data viewed by the user are converted into the selected time zone.
- From the User Role drop-down menu, select the level of permissions for the user.
- Select one or more connected devices to which the user has access.
Use the Group Permissions section to add the user to a group and automatically set permissions based on the group settings.
- The Effective Permissions display the effective user permissions based on both the selected User Permissions (role and device access) and Group Permissions.
- Click Save to set the user's Barracuda Appliance Control permissions.
Configure Barracuda Backup Permissions
- Click the user's name in the Users table, and then click Configure Permissions directly below Backup:
- When you click Configure Permissions directly below Backup, you can set the following options:
- Barracuda Email Notifications:
- Backup Summary Reports for each appliance daily – When turned on, a report is sent to this user each day between 8-9am.
- Backup Detailed Reports for each backup job – When turned on, a report is sent to this user each time a backup job completes.
- Alerts – When turned on, an alert is sent to this user if an error occurs during a backup job or if the Barracuda Backup Server goes offline.
- Notices – when turned on, a notice is sent to this user when the Barracuda Backup Server software is updated.
- IP login restrictions – If you want to restrict the IP address from which this user is allowed to log in, enter a value or range of values here.
- User Role:
- Account Administrator – User has full access to all Barracuda Backup Servers within the account.
- Barracuda Backup Appliance Administrator – Select the Barracuda Backup appliances to which the user has access based on their permissions. Select Select All Backup Appliances to grant user access to all Barracuda Backup Appliances attached to the account based on their permissions.
- Operator – User can view statistics and modify backup configuration for Barracuda Backup Appliances selected in the Barracuda Backup Appliance Permissions section.
- Grant access to – Select backup appliances this user can access. Select all or a subset of available appliances.
- Click Save.