To access Account Administration:
- Log into https://login.barracudanetworks.com/ using your administrator credentials.
Click the Admin icon () or, in the top right corner, click the down arrow next to your user name, and click Administration:
The Admin page displays. From here, you can view these tabs, which are described in sections below:
Users and Groups tabs – Manage users and LDAP groups;
Services tab – View connected devices and services, update energize updates;
*Invoices – View all invoices for the account including order number;
*Billing and Shipping tab – Modify your account and payment details;
- Options tab – Configure LDAP authentication, multi-factor authentication, and set the default time zone for all users on the account;
Audit Log tab – View user login activity and system modifications;
Essentials tab – Purchase or start a 30-day free Barracuda Essentials trial.
* Invoices and Billing and Shipping tabs are only present if your account is linked to the Barracuda Ordering System (BOS) and if the user has billing privileges.
Go to the Home > Admin > Users page to manage user information and set product entitlements.
For more information on managing users, refer to the following articles:
- Understanding User Roles and Permissions
- How to Add Users and Configure Product Entitlements and Permissions
- Understanding LDAP Authentication
- LDAP Active Directory and Azure AD
- How to Modify or Remove Users
Go to the Home > Admin > Groups page to view and manage your LDAP groups. Note that you must enable LDAP authentication before you can view and manage Groups. Refer to LDAP Active Directory and Azure AD and Understanding LDAP Authentication.
Go to the Home > Admin > Audit Log page to view all user activity in the system. Scroll through the table to view activity, or enter a search term in the Search field to view all matching items. Note that the table updates dynamically as you type. The audit log includes event time, type, the user and target user, and a description of the event. For example, if you are looking for details of when the LDAP environment was created on your account, begin typing in the Search field to populate the table:
Click in the Details field for any additional details for the selected activity:
Go to the Home > Admin > Services page to view connected device services and manage cloud subscriptions. For more information, see Managing Connected Device Services.
Use the Home > Admin > Invoices page to view all past and current invoices, as well as your invoice history.
Note: The Invoices tab is only present if your account is linked to the Barracuda Ordering System (BOS) and if the user has billing privileges.
Billing and Shipping
Use the Home > Admin > Billing and Shipping page to view information about your billing and shipping accounts and payment methods. You can add a new credit card and update your shipping information here. To change your billing account information, contact Barracuda Networks Customer Services.
Note: The Billing and Shipping tab is only present if your account is linked to the Barracuda Ordering System (BOS) and if the user has billing privileges.
Use the Home > Admin > Options page to configure account security and authentication:
Use LDAP authentication to store and administer Barracuda Cloud Control user accounts via your organization's LDAP servers; note that you must have a verified domain to use LDAP. All users for the verified domain are required to use their LDAP credentials to access Barracuda Cloud Control. For details refer to the following articles:
Multi-factor authentication (MFA), also known as two-factor authentication, is a security feature that requires two forms of authentication to access Barracuda Cloud Control. When enabled, MFA provides an extra layer of security to your account. Even if the user's login credentials are stolen, without the trusted device, the attacker is unable to access the account. And if the user's device is taken, the attacker cannot access the account without the login credentials. For details refer to the following articles:
- Understanding Multi-Factor Authentication in Barracuda Cloud Control
- How to Set Up and Manage Multi-Factor Authentication in Barracuda Cloud Control
- How to Add Multi-Factor Authentication Devices in Barracuda Cloud Control
- How to Remove Multi-Factor Authentication Devices from Barracuda Cloud Control
- BCC Mobile App for iOS and Multi-Factor Authentication
- Barracuda Networks Android Mobile Application
Time Zone Details
Select the default time zone for all users in your account from the Time Zone drop-down menu, and then click Save.
Go to the Home > Admin > Essentials page to activate your subscription to Barracuda Essentials or start a 30-day free trial. For more information, refer to Essentials.