For your security, Barracuda Cloud Control enforces the following password complexity policies. Take the following information into account when creating or changing a Barracuda Cloud Control password.
Barracuda Cloud Control passwords must:
- Contain a minimum of 8 characters
- Contain a maximum of 72 characters
- Not appear on Barracuda's list of 10,000 most common passwords
- Pass a complexity test that compares against criteria including:
- 30,000 common passwords
- Common names and surnames, according to U.S. census data
- Popular English words obtained from Wikipedia, U.S. television, and U.S. movies
- Common patterns, including
- Repeats (aaa)
- Sequences (abcd)
- Keyboard patterns (qwerty uiop)
- l33t speak (leet speak)
Barracuda Cloud Control password and lockout policies:
- No minimum or maximum password age.
- After 6 failed login attempts, the account will be locked out.
- A locked-out account remains locked for 60 minutes the first time an account is locked.
- No account password reset is required after the lockout duration of 60 minutes has passed.