You can configure Barracuda Cloud Control to synchronize users with LDAP Active Directory or Azure AD as described in the sections that follow.
Viewing Existing Directories and Groups
Complete the following steps to view existing directories and groups in Barracuda Cloud Control:
From the Admin tab in Barracuda Cloud Control, click Directories. The Directories table includes a row indicating whether or not Authentication has been set to On or Off.
Click View groups to display the groups associated with a configured directory.
- You can synchronize the listed groups to ensure that user information is up-to-date by clicking Sync groups.
- Click Edit for a specified group to modify the settings for the host or domain. When you have finished making changes, click SAVE.
Adding a New LDAP Active Directory
Complete the following steps to add a new LDAP Active Directory:
- To add a new LDAP Active Directory, click ADD DIRECTORY and click LDAP AD.
- Specify the Directory Name.
- You can optionally add administrator contact information.
- Activate the User / Group Sync option to synchronize with Active Directory. This option cannot be deactivated in the Azure AD wizard.
Activate the Authentication option to have users authenticate using their LDAP or Azure AD credentials. If you disable this option, users authenticate with Barracuda Cloud Control.
- Click SAVE & CONTINUE.
- Specify the following for the LDAP host:
- LDAP Host IP address
- LDAP Host Port
- Base domain name
- Select the Connection Security: STARTTLS, LDAPS, or None
- Click TEST to check connectivity to the host. If the connection succeeds, it displays as Connected. Click CONTINUE.
- Click Add domain to add each domain to the Active Directory configuration.
- To ensure you own the domains you plan to include in your Active Directory configuration, you need to verify each domain. To verify a domain, you can add either a META tag to your domain header or you can add a TXT record to your host's DNS management settings. When you have made the necessary changes to your domain, click VERIFY. Once you have verified all domains, click DONE.
Adding Azure AD
Complete the following steps to add Azure AD:
- To add an Azure AD directory, click ADD DIRECTORY and select Azure AD.
- Sign in to your LDAP account and authorize Barracuda Cloud Control to connect to your Azure AD.
- You only need to provide a name for the directory. Azure AD provides the information about your domains.
Re-authorize Azure AD
Complete the following steps to reauthorize an existing Azure AD directory:
- Click the Edit option for the Azure AD directory you need to reauthorize from the Admin > Directories page.
- Click RE-AUTHORIZE.
- If Barracuda's permissions were revoked from the LDAP account, you can use re-authorization to authenticate the linked Azure account and grant the permissions again.
If the list of domains on the Azure account has been updated, you can use re-authorization to update the corresponding list of domains in AuthDB.