Version 2.0 (slow rollout)
- Agent support for Web Security policies.
- The DNS Security page has been replaced by the Web Security page. You can still create policies for users/groups as described in How to Configure Web Security Policies. For details about migration of policies from the old agent to version 2.0, see DNS Security Upgrade to Version 2.0.
To get the Windows agent version 2.0, see How to Get and Install the CloudGen Access Agent 2.0.
Note: All new customers will get version 2.0 for Windows, and the new version will be slowly rolled out to existing customers.
- Added support CloudGen Access-as-IdP feature.
- Fixed a case sensitive domain bug in the troubleshooting menu.
- Fixed the initial window positioning issue on macOS.
- Fixed an issue where root CAs were not fetched in a timely fashion.
- Fixed a notification issue with macOS.
- The CloudGen Access agent driver will stop if the tunnel isn't running.
- Fixed an issue with the troubleshooting menu when the resource IP address is a fixed private IP address.
- Added Delete Account button for iOS and macOS.
- The cgaccess-service.exe process runs as expected for Windows.
- Enhanced the issue report feature by supporting the routing table and network interface dump.
- Adds new Enterprise Console API domains.
- Holds the connection when re-authentication is required.
- The progress indicator now displays while the package update is progressing.
- Fixed a bug related to macOS that caused the secondary DNS server (192.0.2.5) for Barracuda CloudGen Access to not work correctly.
- Enhanced IPv6 support for Windows.
- Now updating the resource database when the user clicks the 'Update' button under the Enrollment menu.
- Fixed a notification issue on macOS and iOS.
- Enhanced the Troubleshooting menu.
- Added support for Windows agent updates within the app.
- Added support for Windows 2016 server.
- Improved the Windows installation UI.
- Fixed a performance bug in the UDP proxy.
- Fixed a memory consumption issue when the access policy is denied by multiple threads.
- Fixed a process hang issue of the tunnel for Windows.
- Fixed multiple crash issues when exiting the agent.
Release date: 2022-03-15
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the BSOD on some Windows machines.
- Fixed an issue where macOS would stop, in some instances, when stopping the tunnel.
- Fixed an issue where the agent would not send an issue report if unenrolled.
- Improved troubleshooting reports by sending more context data.
- Fixed issue where CPU usage would go up when the agent was offline.
- Improved Enrollment Settings button behavior.
- Addressed issue where an authorization denial could cause the tunnel to stop.
- Windows: addressed issue where the UI would not start on new installations.
Release date: 2022-02-07
- Added application catalog feature.
- iOS: Fixed logic that made othervpn pop-up appear when only CGA was running.
Release date: 2021-11-03
- Addressed window positioning/visibility issues.
- For macOS, added native support for Apple Silicon
- For Windows:
- Addressed issue where Microsoft Windows Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) reports no Internet connectivity.
- Addressed issue where Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 took a long time to launch.
Release date: 2021-08-25
- Added support for DNS over resource.
- Added new on-boarding flow.
- Improved bug reporting flow.
- Fixed issue where UI would not start if database was corrupted.
- Windows Desktop: addressed an issue where the order of the system DNS servers was not honored.
Release date: 2021-05-25
- Added support for UDP resources.
- Added support for resources on fixed IP addresses.
- Synthesized HTTPS and SVCB DNS queries for resource's domain names.
Release date: 2021-05-05
Full chain of certificates used on mTLS connections.
Release date: 2021-04-21
- Android: Tunnel marked as unmetered on Android 10 and higher.
Release date: 2021-04-08
- Implemented automatic device certificate renewal.
- Android: To work around a Download Manager defect, do not exclude apps from the tunnel on Android 10 and higher. Google reported fixing this defect in Android 10 and higher.
Release date: 2021-03-23
Operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS
Maintenance release with the following changes:
- Windows: fixed an issue that caused the agent to block when the machine wakes from sleep/hibernation.
- macOS: fixed an issue in Big Sur where the system DNS resolver first queried the SOA record of a domain name.
Release date: 2021-02-25
- Fixed caching of proxy configurations.
- Fixed conflicting VPN warning appearing during on-boarding.
- Fixed clear button appearing even if text input field is empty.
- Fixed tunnel not being correctly shutdown when quitting app.
- Added ability to send analytics events to different servers.
- Windows: app now differentiates between Store, Store sideload, and MSI environments.
- Windows Desktop: fixed service reinstall.
- Windows Desktop: DNS addresses of disconnected interfaces are now discarded.
- Chrome OS: fixed handling of enrollment URL.
- Chrome OS: fixed crash on x86_64 machines.
Release date: 2021-02-01
- Several GUI improvements and bug fixes.
- Added display information and link to troubleshooting menu for internal errors.
- Blocked threat notification message leads to correct path.
- DNS security exceptions are no longer created from the app when user is enrolled.
- Data now gets saved after enrolling and quitting the app.
- Linux: reconnect RPC channel has been fixed.
- Linux: ignore link-local IPv6 addresses has been fixed.
- Linux: issue with broken app icons has been fixed.
- Android: editable text input has been fixed.
- Android: internal domains can now be resolved.
Release date: 2020-12-03
- Do not override resolv.conf if the file is empty.
- Fixed long delays when making several asynchronous HTTPS requests.
Release date: 2020-09-14
- Fixed deadlock in the network stack.
Release date: 2020-09-07
- Linux: ignore link-local requests.
- Linux: set system nameservers when computer leaves sleep/hibernation.
- Fixed HTTPS request contention.
Release date: 2020-09-05
- Added support for wildcard exceptions.
Release date: 2020-07-16
- Added magic domain to signal tunnel is running (“running.tech.fyde.com”).
Release date: 2020-05-13
- Added option to reset activity.
- Several improvements and bug fixes.