The Barracuda CloudGen Access Vx can be deployed on various hypervisors using the virtual images provided by Barracuda Networks. The virtual appliance includes a custom CLI to provide easier management of the Barracuda CloudGen Access Proxy (Orchestrator + Envoy) and the Barracuda CloudGen Access User Directory Connector.
Recommended hardware is minimum 1 CPU and 1024MB of RAM.
Download the related installation file using one of the following links (~3GB total):
How to Deploy a CloudGen Access Vx on various hypervisors
For ease of deployment, Barracuda CloudGen Access Vx units are available as prebuilt images that can be imported into your hypervisor. You do not need to create or configure a virtual machine (VM). Instructions for deploying on each supported hypervisor are linked below.
Before deploying the CloudGen Access Vx unit:
- Verify that the host system meets the minimum requirements for the production system.
- Configure a user directory connector in the CloudGen Access Enterprise Console. This step will return a secret token in the form of a URL that needs to be passed to the connector configuration. See Add User Directory.
- How to Deploy CloudGen Access on VMware vSphere
- How to Deploy CloudGen Access on Hyper-V Manager
- How to Deploy CloudGen Access on VMware Fusion
- How to Deploy CloudGen Access on VM VirtualBox
Next step: See How to Get Started With CloudGen Access Vx to configure the network, proxy, and SSH.