Application filters are objects that are dynamically updated to include applications based on category, risk, or properties selection. Any applications that match the criteria of the application filter are automatically added to the application filter object.
Create an Application Filter
- Open the Firewall Rules page (Config > Full Config > Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > Firewall).
- Click Lock.
- In the left menu, click Applications.
- Create the filter by right-clicking the table and selecting New > Application Filter or using the icons in the top-right area of the rule set.
- Select the categories, risk level, and properties for the applications to be filtered into the object.
- Click Save.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
The following figure displays the process for creating an application filter.