The Barracuda NG Firewall is time-aware. You can configure time objects to either activate or disable the access rules that they are applied to, during the days and times selected in the object. You can also select specific dates that the time objects are valid for. When you create time objects, the time zone of the computer executing the Barracuda NG Admin application is crucial.
Time Object Settings
When you create a time object, the Time Object configuration window offers the following settings:
- Continue if Mismatch (default) – Processes the rule set even if the time restriction denies it.
- Block if mismatch – Does not allow the connection if the time restriction denies it.
- Terminate existing – Terminates active sessions when the time restriction applies.
The clock icons in the top right define whether the time object activates or disables the firewall rules that it is applied to.
- Set Allow – Activates firewall rules during the time intervals selected in the time object.
- Set Deny – Disables firewall rules during the time intervals selected in the time object.
- Set Invert – Activates firewall rules during the time intervals selected in the time object and disables firewall rules during the unselected time intervals.
To also set specific dates and times, select the Create Time Interval for Rule check box. The restrictions of the time object then apply only during the dates and and times selected in the Time Interval section..
Create a New Time Object