After deploying your virtual Barracuda NG Vx, you must license your VM. Licenses are bound to the virtual MAC address assigned to the first network adapter of your VM. To initiate an activation, you need to enter the license token you received by email after purchasing your license.
In this article:
Before you Begin
- To license your Barracuda NG Vx system, you need the license token you received by email from Barracuda Network Customer Services.
- NG Admin must be able to connect to the Internet.
Step 1. Enter the License Token
Log into the Barracuda NG Vx using NG Admin.
Click the Dashboard tab. In the License section on the General page, the License State is displayed as DEMO mode.
Click the arrow icon next to the Activation State entry and select Activate. The product activation window opens.
- Fill out the activation form.
- (Optional) Choose the option Save your customer data for later activations.
- Click Activate. After the activation process successfully completes, you will receive a notification email from Barracuda Networks.
- The Barracuda NG Firewall automatically downloads and installs the purchased licenses. The license state on the Dashboard > General page displays:
Step 2. Check the License Status
Go to the CONTROL > Licenses page and verify that all your purchased licenses are listed in the Active Licenses table.