The Control > Status Map page summarizes status information of all systems administered by the Barracuda NG Control Center. From here you can access all Barracuda NG Firewall gateways that are managed by the Barracuda NG Control Center.
The Status Map Window
The Status Map window divides systems into the hierarchical structure range, cluster, and box. Expanding a range entry uncovers all clusters belonging to the respective range. Expanding a cluster entry uncovers all Barracuda NG Firewall boxes belonging to the respective cluster. You can restrict the view to specific boxes or conditions by entering the criteria in the fields on top of the page columns.
Colored icons depict the general state a structural entity is in. Color coding is triggered by the severity IDs of events that have been generated on the boxes. Color coding implies the following:
- Green – The system is in normal state. Only informational and notice events have been generated.
- Yellow – Warnings have been generated. A check is recommended.
- Red – Security events and errors have been generated. A check is mandatory.
- Blue – A virtual server has been disabled due to probing policies.
- Grey – The system is unavailable and has been disabled in the configuration.
The status summary in each case refers to specific system entities, which are depicted by icons in the title bars of each section. The following icons are available:
- Data – Displays the disk usage (see: Resources Page).
- Process – Status of the processes (see: Resources Page ).
- Yellow Exclamation Mark – Status of the operative-relevant event monitoring (see: How to Configure Event Notifications - Severity tab).
- Blue Exclamation Mark – Status of the security-relevant event monitoring (see: How to Configure Event Notifications - Severity tab).
- Cog Wheel – Status of the servers (see: Server page).
- Green Units Flag – Status of the network (see: Network Page).
- License – Validity of certificates/licenses (see: Licenses Page).
- Blue Server – Displays status of the box (see: Box Page).
Right-clicking a range or cluster makes the following context menu available:
- Open Configuration – Opens the Config Tree
- Same Icontype for all statuses – Applies the same icon to all entries displaying a status. Select again to change back to original icons.
- Use VIP instead of Access IP – Displays the Virtual Server IP address.
- Clear Filter – Clear the filter selection.
- Find – Offers filter and search option on top of the page.
- Expand All – Expand all entries on the Status Map.
- Collapse All – Collapse all entries on the Status Map.
- Copy > range < to Clipboard – Copy selected range to the clipboard.
- Copy List to Clipboard – Copy the list to the clipboard.
- Copy selected to Clipboard – Copy selected entry to the clipboard.
- Export to File – Copy selected range to a file.
- Print List – Print all entries on the Status Map.
- Columns – Select which columns to display on the Status Map.
Right-clicking a selected box makes further menu items available, allowing you to jump directly to certain areas within the selected Barracuda NG Firewall.
The following areas are thus directly accessible from the Status Map:
- Firewall status
- VPN status
- SSH session
- Event Monitor
Yet another context menu entry allows you to add the selected Barracuda NG Firewall to the Favourites tab (menu entry Add to Favourites, see: CC Geo Maps Page).