Step 1. Configure a Gateway Route
- Open the Network page (Config > Full Config > Box).
- From the Configuration menu in the left navigation pane, click Routing.
- Click Lock.
- In the Routes table click + to add a gateway route:
- Name – Enter a name.
- Target Network Address – Enter the network in CIDR format. E.g., 0.0.0.0/0 for the default route
- Route Type – Select gateway.
- Gateway – The gateway IP address. E.g.,
- Trust Level – Select the trust level. Use Untrusted for WAN connections,
- (optional) Advertise Route – To propagate this network route via the dynamic routing service, select Yes. For more information, see Dynamic Routing Proctocols (OSPF/RIP/BGP)
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
Step 2. Activate the Network Configuration
After you have configured the network route, you must execute your new network configuration.
- Go to the Control > Box page.
- In the left menu, expand Network and click Activate new network configuration.
- Select Soft. The "Soft Activation Succeeded" message is displayed after your new network configurations have been successfully activated.
The gateway route is now active on the CONTROL > Network page. If the remote gateway no longer answers ARP request, the route is placed in a pending state until the gateway is reachable again.