After enabling Layer 7 Application Control, you can configure it in your firewall rules. You can choose to use the default application detection and handling policies or configure policies that are specific to the rule.
Configure Application Detection
- Click the Status tab.
- In the Services table, click Configuration.
- In the Operational Configuration table, click Ruleset.
- Double-click the required firewall rule.
- From the Views menu in the left navigation pane, select Application Control.
- From the Application Detection list, select an application handling policy:
- NONE – Application detection is deactivated.
- Use Default Policy – Uses the default application detection policy as configured on the General Firewall Configuration page.
- Detect Only – Reports detected applications in the firewall access cache but takes no action.
- Limit Bandwidth – Limits the bandwidth for the traffic of detected applications.
- Drop Traffic – Blocks the traffic for detected applications.
- Assign QoS-Tree – Assigns a Quality of Service tree to the traffic. See Traffic Shaping to learn more about Quality of Service profiles.
- From the Application Selection list, select an application detection policy:
- Use Default Protocol Selection – Uses the default application detection policy as configured on the General Firewall Configuration page.
Explicitly Select Protocols – Lets you explicitly select which applications must be detected by the Barracuda NG Firewall. From the Explicit Application Selection list, double-click the required applications.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.