The IPS signature database contains all signature definitions for detecting malicious network traffic.
In this article:
Check the Subscription Status
To access the IPS database, go to CONTROL > Server. The current Security Subscription status is displayed in the right pane as follows:
To check the IPS security subscription status, use the following options:
- Version History – Click to see changes and updates to the IPS signature database.
- Database Browser – Browse the currently installed IPS database.
- Settings – Click to access the IPS Policies page: CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > Firewall
Online IPS Database Updates
You can perform an online update of the IPS database by using the following options:
- Update – Triggers an immediate update of the IPS database and offers the following selections:
- Check for updates – Check for available IPS database updates and install them.
- Roll back to previous version – Revert the IPS database to any previously installed version.
- Roll back to latest version – Revert the IPS database to the most recently installed version.
Update files are stored in the
/mcdownload/ips/files share. CC-managed Barracuda NG Firewalls are updated by the Barracuda NG Control Center.