On Barracuda NG Firewalls that are managed by a Barracuda NG Control Center, the system access configuration lets you specify authentication and access control settings for your root and service users (see Managing Access for Administrators). You can also create root aliases with similar access rights than the user root (except console access).
Configure System Access for Root Aliases
- Open the Administrative Settings page (Config > Full Config > Box).
- From the Configuration Mode menu, select Switch to Advanced View.
- In the left menu, select Advanced System Access.
- Click Lock.
- To add root aliases, click + in the Root Aliases table.
- For each entry, specify the following settings:
- Select the Authentication Mode for the root alias. When possible, use keys instead of passwords.
- Enter the Password for the root alias if applicable.
- If applicable, import the public RSA key for controlled Barracuda NG Admin logins. Do not use unencrypted private keys!
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
With an appropriate authentication mode, the Barracuda NG Firewall authenticates a root alias admin via public key cryptography. To configure key-based SSH login (controlled and automated) for non-root users on a system that is administered by a Barracuda NG Control Center, edit the Public Key section for the administrator in the Admins tab. For more information, see How to Configure Administrative Profiles.