An application object is a reusable combination of predefined applications and custom applications. You can use application objects to create your own set of applications with custom include and exclude lists.
Create an Application Object
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > Firewall > Forwarding Rules.
- Click Lock.
- In the left menu, expand Firewall Objects and select Applications.
- Create the application by either right-clicking the table and selecting New > Application Object or using the icons in the top-right area of the rule set.
Filter the available applications by Name or Category.
Select the applications that you want to add to your application objects and either drag them to the Application Set section or click the plus sign (+) that appears in the Name column.
- Click Result to view a list of all currently selected applications.
- To exclude specific sub-applications from applications containing of more than one component:
- Expand the application.
Click the minus icon (-) icon next to the application features that you want to exclude.
- Click Save.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
The following figure displays the process for creating an application object: