The Barracuda Web Security Gateway appliance provides content filtering with HTTP/HTTPS support and URL filtering by category for various types of users and groups. For authentication of users and groups from the Barracuda Web Security Gateway on the Barracuda NG Firewall, configure Web Filter authentication as external authentication scheme.
Before you Begin
Before configuring Web Filter authentication, verify that you have properly configured your user groups on the Barracuda Web Security Gateway. For more information, see Managing Users and Groups in the Web Security Gateway TechLibrary.
Configure Web Filter Authentication
To configure Web Filter Authentication for the Barracuda NG Firewall,
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Infrastructure Services > Authentication Service.
- In the left navigation pane, select Webfilter Authentication.
- Click Lock.
- Enable the Webfilter Authentication query scheme.
- In the Server Setting table, add an entry for each Webfilter server. Specify the following settings:
- IP Address – IP Address of the Web Security Gateway server.
- Passphrase – The authentication passphrase on the Web Security Gateway.
- Sync Interval (s) – Synchronization interval in seconds between NG Firewall and Web Security Gateway.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.