If you want to install updates or patches on your Barracuda NG Firewall and NG Control Center, you can use the Install Update feature in NG Admin.
Step 1. Download the Update
You can download the update packages from the UPDATES dashboard element, or directly from Barracuda Cloud Control.
Download via Update Element in NG Admin Dashboard
The Update element is disabled by default. Enable the element to see all available updates, hotfixes, and NG Admin updates in the dashboard element. The update element is not available for managed NG Firewalls.
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Advanced Configuration > Firmware Update.
- Click Lock
- In the Update Notification section set Enable to yes.
- (optional) Enter the Check Interval in minutes.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
- Go to the DASHBOARD.
- In the UPDATES element, locate the update or hotfix.
- Click the download icon. Your default browser opens and starts to download the update file.
Download from Barracuda Central
Go to Barracuda Cloud Control and download the update or hotfix. For more information, see How to Download Applications, Updates, and Hotfixes.
Step 2. Updating with NG Admin
- Go to CONTROL > Box.
In the left menu, expand the Operating System section and click Install Update.
- Select the update file. (e.g.,
- Click Yes to start the update.
- Wait for the update to finish.
Your unit reboots after the update is finished.