To automatically download and install the license on your Barracuda NG hardware unit, connect to the system using Barracuda NG Admin. NG Admin transmits the serial number of your unit to the Barracuda Licensing service and initiates the activation process. After completing the customer information form and accepting the EULA, your license is activated and automatically downloaded and installed on your unit.
Before you Begin
NG Admin must be able to connect to the Barracuda Licensing Servers on the Internet.
Automatically Download and Activate your Licenses
Log into the Barracuda NG Firewall using NG Admin.
- (optional) Complete the Getting Started Wizard. For more information, see Getting Started.
- The activation process is initiated automatically after 30 seconds. You can also start the process manually by clicking on the blue arrow. After downloading the licenses, a browser window with the activation form opens.
- Fill out the customer form, accept the License Agreement, and then click Activate.
- After the activation process successfully completes, you will receive a notification email from Barracuda Networks Customer Services.
- If you are using a high availability setup, your secondary Barracuda NG unit waits for the license to be activated and then receives the license from the primary unit.
Your Barracuda NG hardware appliance is now licensed and activated. Check Control > Licenses to see which licenses are installed on your unit.