The Resources page provides information about active processes on the Barracuda NG Firewall, such as the machine uptime, number of logged-in-users, load average, and memory usage. To access the Resources page, open the CONTROL tab on the Barracuda NG Firewall and click the Resources icon in the ribbon bar.
Resource information details are displayed in two sections: the processes section on the left and the system section on the right.
The processes section displays all active processes on the Barracuda NG Firewall. The average load values are displayed at the top of the page.
Three average load values are provided:
- First value – Average load within the last minute.
- Second value – Average load within the last five minutes.
- Third value – Average load within the last fifteen minutes.
The Processes table shows information about active processes. You can also view detailed information about a selected entry and track each task to a single process.
Information for each process or process group is organized in the following columns:
Name – The name of the process.
- Proc – The number of processes with the same name.
- %CPU – The percentage of CPU load that is used.
- Num FD – The number of file descriptors used by processes with this name.
- Memory – The amount of memory (in kB) that is used exclusively by processes with this name.
- Shared – Shared memory in kB used by processes with this name.
- Listen – The number of listening TCP sockets owned by processes with this name.
- Establ. – The number of established sockets owned by processes with this name.
- UDP – The number of UDP sockets owned by processes with this name.
- Syn Sent – The number of unanswered SYN packets sent by processes with this name / the number of unanswered SYN packets for which the time out has not yet expired.
- Close – The number of sockets owned by processes with this name.
- Last ACK – The number of sockets in state LAST_ACK owned by processes with this name.
Viewing Process Details
To view information about the system hardware, such as the mainboard, CPU, and PCI interfaces, click the Mainboard Info button on the top right of the list. To view more in-depth information about a process, select it from the table and click Show Details. The Info Dialog window opens with the following information about the selected process:
- The process IDs of all processes with the same name.
- Detailed list of all open files.
- The IP addresses and ports of listening TCP sockets.
- The local IP:port and remote IP:port combinations of all established sockets.
- The IP addresses and ports of UDP sockets.
Tracking Tasks by PID
To track each task to a single process, click the Single PID check box. In the table, each process name is followed by its PID. This can be helpful for tasks such as ssh, which fork one process for each connection, or for the firewall processes.
The system section displays the usage of RAM and disk space in real-time. For hardware systems, you can also view the temperature and fan speed. (CD-ROMs and floppy disks are not displayed.)
The following information is provided:
- CPU – Displays the current CPU load of the Barracuda NG Firewall.
- Disk Space – Displays real-time usage of all currently mounted file systems. Each file system is identified by its mount point. In a default installation of the Barracuda NG Firewall, at least the following file systems should be present:
- / – Root directory.
- /boot – Directory for boot images (usually located at the beginning of a disk).
- /phion0 – Directory for logs and statistical data.
- RAM – Displays the real-time usage of RAM.
- Temperature – Displays the temperature of the mainboard and CPU.
- Fan Speed – Displays the speed of the chassis fan.