This article explains the elements of the Update Tasks page on the Barracuda NG Control Center. The list on this page displays the status of update tasks that were created in the software update process and that are not executed immediately. To access the Update Tasks page, open the CONTROL tab, expand the ribbon bar, and click the Update Tasks icon.
The data in the task list is divided into the following columns:
- Box – The name of the Barracuda NG Firewall.
- Cluster – The name of the cluster the box resides in.
- Range ID – The name of the range that the cluster and box belong to.
- Box Icon – This column depicts the status of an executed task.
- Green – The task was executed successfully.
- Red – Task execution has failed.
- RPM – The name of the RPM that is currently executed.
- Info – This column lists additional information, such as IP address and short name.
- Status – The assigned task status.
- 0 – Pending copy
- 1 – Failed copy
- 2 – Completed copy (ready for activation)
- Time – The date and time the update was started (the syntax used is yyyy mm dd hh:mm:ss).
- Reason – The failure reason in case the last execution attempt failed.
Create Update Tasks
The following example describes how to create a software update task on the CC Firmware Update Page and add it to the list on the Update Tasks page.
Step 1. Import a Package
- Click Import at the bottom of the software list, select a package, and click Open to import it into the Barracuda NG Control Center.
- Double-click the imported package in the package selection list and verify that it contains the desired software.
Step 2. Create Update Tasks
- In the software list, select the package, and in the system list, select the check box for the Barracuda NG Firewall(s) that should be updated with the imported package.
- Click Create Task at the bottom of the software list.
Schedule the tasks for Immediate Execution in the New Update Task window.
- Check the Update Task list for the status of the package transfer and wait until the task is in the Copy Completed state. (This might take some time.)
Step 3. Activate the Package
On the CONTROL > Update Tasks page, select the task and then select Perform Update from the context menu. Wait until the update task entry disappears from the list.
Step 4. Review the Log Files
- On the CONTROL > Firmware Update page, double-click the specific Barracuda NG Firewall to view the log files and check if the desired actions have been taken.
- Log into the box log facility and review the update log files for the installed package type under Logs > Box > Release.
Step 5. Reschedule Failed Tasks
Reschedule failed tasks according to your needs. Otherwise, delete them.