The Barracuda Virus Scanner service supports two different virus scanning engines: Avira and ClamAV. You must have a Barracuda NG Malware Protection license. Additional configuration is required to use the Virus Scanner in combination with the Firewall, HTTP Proxy, Mail Gateway or FTP Gateway services.
Configure the Virus Scanner
- Open the Virus Scanner Settings page (Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > Virus-Scanner).
- Enable the virus engine that you are using.
- If you are using Avira, set Enable Avira Engine to yes.
- If you are using ClamAV, set Enable ClamAV Engine to yes.
- If you are using ATD, set Enable ATD Engine to yes.
- Define the following settings for the virus engine:
- Max. RAM Cache (MB) – Enter the maximum size of the cache that the virus scanner can create to store the files that it will scan. Files that exceed the specified size are stored on the local hard drive of the Barracuda NG Firewall.
- Max. Number of Workers – Enter the maximum number of scanner instances that can be launched to handle requests.
- Debug Log Level – Select the level of detail for the virus scanner log. Selecting a value that is higher than 0 (zero) will display debug output in the log.
- In the left navigation pane, expand Configuration and click Update Handling.
- Define the following settings for the virus pattern and scanner engine updates. By default, the virus scanner service contacts the pattern update server every 60 minutes for new updates.
- Update Every (mins) – In minutes, enter how often the update server is contacted.
- Download Retries – Enter the maximum number of update attempts if the update server does not respond.
Proxy Settings – If the virus scanner requires an HTTP proxy to reach the update servers, configure the parameters in this section.