You can activate single licenses for managed Barracuda NG Firewalls on the NG Control Center. After activation the licenses are downloaded automatically. Activation can be done unattended or triggered manually by the administrator.
In this article
Before you Begin
- Make sure the Barracuda NG Admin can connect to the Internet. When entering the license token, Barracuda NG Admin downloads the purchased license file from Barracuda Networks and automatically installs the license on the Barracuda NG Control Center.
- Verify your data in the Activation Template (Global Settings > CC Parameters).
Step 1. Enter the Product Type and Enable Configuration Updates
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Multi-Range > your range > your cluster > your NG Firewall > Box Properties.
- Click Lock.
- Select your Barracuda NG Firewall model the Product Type and Hardware Model dropdown menus.
- In the left menu, click Operational.
- Set Disable Box to no.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
Step 2. Enter the License Token and Activate the Single License
Enter the license token to initiate the unattended or manual activation.
- Log into the Barracuda NG Control Center.
- Go to CONTROL > Barracuda Activation.
- Right click on the unlicensed NG Firewall in the Single Licenses section and click Enter License Token. The Activate your Virtual Appliance window opens.
- Enter the license token you received when purchasing your License.
- If the NG Firewall is not online yet, you must enter the MAC address. Alternatively connect the appliance to the NG Control Center first, then reenter the token.
- If unattended activation is disabled, select the NG Firewall in the Single Licenses list and click Activate.
If unattended activation is enabled, the licenses are downloaded and activated automatically. The form data configured in Activation Template (Global Settings > CC Parameters) is used to fill in the activation form. You can also manually trigger the activation.