With the Barracuda Report Creator, you can generate custom reports by creating custom report data configurations. The following custom report data configurations are available:
- Custom Report – Use this type to create reports for allowed or blocked traffic by common criteria such as protocol, user, source, and risk.
- User Activity Report – Create a summary of all activities for one or more users.
- URL Category Reports – Create reports for the top blocked or allowed URL categories.
- Application Category Reports – Create reports for the top blocked or allowed application categories.
- Application Reports – Create reports summarizing the usage of specific applications.
In this article:
Before you Begin
Configure the Barracuda Report Creator. For more information, see Barracuda Report Creator.
Step 1. Configure Custom Report Data Settings
To configure a custom report, choose a template type and add your custom template.
- Click the Templates tab.
- In the left menu, click Report Data.
- Select the custom report type you want to create and click . A custom report is inserted below the report type.
Right-click the placeholder report name, select rename, and enter a name for the new custom report.
- Click on the custom report. In the main window configure:
- Time Span – Select how far back data should analyzed. Min: 1 hour. Max: 4 weeks.
- Filters – Set Merge Filtered Data to yes to consolidate all data for this filter into one report. Set to no to receive consecutive reports for each filter entry. Depending on the report data type configure:
- User Address Activity Reports – Enter one or more Username or IP address (IPv4) separated by a semicolon. Spaces are interpreted to be a part of the username.
- IP Address Activity Reports – Enter one or more single IP address (IPv4) () separated by a semicolon. Do not use spaces between the IP addresses.
- URL Category Reports – Click on the three dots at the end of the line (...), select one or more URL Categories from the list, and click OK.
- Application Category Reports – Click on the three dots at the end of the line (...), select one ore more Application Categories from the list, and click OK.
- Application Reports – Click on the three dots at the end of the line (...), select one ore more Application Categories from the list, and click OK.
- Content – Set these settings to define how many details are included in the report.
- Advanced – Set Source IP address anonymization to Yes to obscure the last number of the source IP address. E.g., 10.0.10.x
- Click Save.
Step 2. Add the Custom Reports to the Report
- Click on the Reports tab.
- In the Appliances section, select an appliance or consolidation group from the list.
- In the Data section click and add the custom report(s) created in step 1.
- Click Save.
You can now run or schedule reports containing the custom report data. For more information, see Barracuda Report Creator.