To authenticate users connected to Aerohive access points, you must stream the syslog containing the authentication data to the Barracuda NG Firewall.
- Aerohive AP230 802.11ac Wireless AP Version 6.4r1a
- Aerohive Networks HiveManager Online 6.4r1
Enable Syslog Streaming on the Aerohive AP
- Log into the Aerohive Networks HiveManager.
- Go to Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Management Services > Syslog Assignments.
- Click New and configure syslog streaming:
- Syslog Server – Select the IP address of the Barracuda NG Firewall from the dropdown.
- Severity – Select Info from the dropdown.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
Add Syslog Configuration to Network Policy
Add the syslog configuration to the Network Policy you are using for your access points.
Verify that the Barracuda NG Firewall is receiving the Syslog Data
On the Barracuda NG Firewall, go to LOGS and open the Box > Control > AuthService_wifiap.log. After a successful authentication, you will see a
logged in user line in the log. The WiFi access point name is also listed.