When deploying a new SC, create the configuration on the Control Center and then import the configuration on the SC. The SC will then automatically connect to its assigned SAC and Control Center.
In this article:
Before You Begin
- Configure the SAC and Control Center. For more information, see Secure Access Concentrator and Control Center Deployment.
- Configure the SC using the Secure Connector Editor. For more information, see How to Add a Secure Connector Configuration.
Step 1. Export the SC Configuration File
Export the sca.conf configuration file.
- Log in to the Control Center.
- Go to your cluster > Cluster Settings > Secure Connector Editor.
- In the SC List, right-click the SC and select Export SC.
scaas the File name and click Save.
The file must be called sca.conf. Otherwise, you will not be able to import it on the SC.
Step 2. Copy the Configuration File to the SC
You can copy the configuration file to the SC either via USB cable, where the SC acts as a USB mass storage device, or via web interface. As the sca.conf file contains sensitive information, such as certificates and network settings, do not use unsafe distribution methods, such as unencrypted emails or cloud storage, to distribute the configuration.
Import the File via USB Mass Storage (OTG)
Connect the SC with a USB cable to your client PC and copy the SC configuration file to the device. The configuration is automatically applied when the SC is rebooted.
- Use a micro to standard USB cable to connect the OTG port with a USB port on your client PC.
- Wait for your client PC to recognize the SC as a mass storage device.
- Verify the file name of the SC configuration file is sca.conf.
- Copy sca.conf to the USB storage of the SC.
- Unplug the USB cable and reboot.
The configuration is automatically applied on first boot. The SC configuration file is not removed from the device, but only applied once.
Import the File via SC Web Interface
The SC listens on 192.168.200.200 on the LAN port. You must configure your client PC to connect to the SC and then use the web interface to upload the configuration file.
- Change your client PC IP address to:
- IP address – 192.168.200.100
- Netmask – 255.255.255.0
- Gateway – 192.168.200.200
- Connect your client PC to the LAN port of the SC.
- Open a browser and go to
- Log into the Secure Connector:
- Username – Enter
- Password – Enter
- Username – Enter
- Click Sign In.
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Administration.
- Click Retrieve Lock.
- In the BACKUP section, click Choose File and select the sca.conf file created in step 2.
- Click Apply backup.
- Click Activate Configs.
- Click Release Lock.
Your SC now automatically connects to its assigned SAC. The WAN LED turns green and the VPN LED red when a connection has been established. The device is now visible on the VPN page of the SAC and Status Map of the Control Center