Create Web Forwards to allow SSL VPN users to access web-based internal applications. There are predefined Web Forward types for frequently used services, such as Outlook Web Access and SharePoint servers as well as generic settings that allow you full control over how the web content is rewritten. Web forwards can also be customized using User Attributes. User Attributes are defined by the administrator and filled in by the end user in the mobile or desktop portal. They allow for personalized URLs or Single Sign-On for Web Forwards.
Configure a Generic Web Forward
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > VPN-Service > SSL-VPN.
- In the left menu, select Web Forwards.
- Click Lock.
- Click + to add a web forward to the Web Forwards list. The Web Forwards List opens.
Select Generic from the Web Resource Template dropdown.
- Enter the Visible Name. This is the name used in the desktop and mobile portal for this web forward.
- (optional) Enter a Link Description in HTML. The link description is displayed in the desktop portal.
- Enter the Root URL of the web server in the following format: Protocol type (
https://) followed by the FQDN or IP address of the web server. E.g.,
- Enter the Launch Path in the following format: "/" followed by the path and file name you want to request when starting the Web Forward. You can also include User or Session Attributes in the Launch URL. For more information on Attributes, see How to Use and Create Attributes.
- (optional) Check Must be Healthy if the Windows client has to pass a health check before launching the web forward. This setting requires a configured Access Monitor . For more information, see The Barracuda Access Monitor.
- (optional) To restrict access to the web forward by user group, replace the * entry in the Allowed User Groups list. Click + to add new user groups.
- (optional) Click + to enter the additional web servers in the Allowed Hosts list. Add all servers that must be proxied by the SSL VPN when accessing this web forward.
- (optional) Click Ex/Import to upload a custom icon.
- To configure Authentication (Single Sign-On) for this web forward, see How to Configure Single Sign On for Web Forwards.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
For some web forwards, more granular control over how the content is rewritten may be required. In the left menu, click on Advanced View to set these parameters.
- Custom Replacements – Rewrite a part of the webpage on the fly. Define a matching and corresponding replacement pattern and assign a weight to each. The lowest weight is processed first.
- Custom Headers – Define rules to replace or remove header values for either requests, responses or both.
- Mobile Portal Bar Exemptions – The mobile portal bar is not displayed for all paths you enter in this list. This is useful for web applications using frames.