The Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series SSL VPN offers preconfigured web forward templates for Outlook Web Access 2003, 2007, and 2010. By default the session username and password is used to authenticate on the Outlook Web Access portal. If the user must use a different password or user to sign in, create user attributes to replace the session attributes.
In this article
Configure an Outlook Web Access Web Forward (OWA)
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > VPN-Service > SSL-VPN.
- In the left menu, select Web Forwards.
- Click Lock.
Click + to add a web forward to the Web Forwards list. The Web Forwards List opens.
Select OWA template matching your Exchange server from the Web Resource Template dropdown. The Enter Name window opens.
Enter the hostname of your Microsoft Exchange server and click OK.
- (OWA 2003 only) Enter the Single Sign On (SSO) domain for your Exchange server and click OK.
- Enter the Visible Name. This is the name used in the desktop and mobile portal for this web forward.
- (optional) Enter a Link Description in HTML. The link description is not displayed in the mobile portal.
(optional) Check Must be Healthy if the user has to pass a health check before launching the forward. This setting requires a configured NAC client on a Windows device and policy server. For more information, see Access Control Service.
(optional) To restrict access to the web forward by user group, replace the * entry in the Allowed User Groups list. Click + to add new user group.
- (optional) Click Ex/Import to upload a custom icon.
- (optional) To use user attributes to sign in, replace the session attributes in the
passwordentries with user attributes. For more information on how to create user attributes, see How to Use and Create Attributes.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.