Traffic Intelligence, in addition to site-to-site VPN, enables locations to maintain connectivity even if one or more transports are down. If at least one transport is still operational, there is no or little impact (regarding bandwidth) on connectivity when this feature is in use. Traffic Intelligence offers a multi-transport construct within a VPN tunnel, allowing for reliable and failsafe network connectivity. The multi-transport Traffic Intelligence implementation within the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series accommodates the following needs:
- Transports can be identified and classified; transport classes are broken down into Quality, Bulk and Fallback traffic.
- Multiple transport methods (TCP, UDP, ESP, IP addresses, Cipher, Hash, Compression, …) may be used in one tunnel at the same time.
- Transports may either be used simultaneously or on demand.
- Transport selection policies may be defined to steer network traffic.
- Standard routing may be used for uncritical traffic.
The following section contains articles that provide information on how to set up and use Traffic Intelligence.