If you want to install updates or patches on your Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series and Control Center, you can use the Install Update feature in NextGen Admin.
Before You Begin
Verify that the update, patch, or hotfix you want to install is not blocked by an installed hotfix.
- Log into the Barracuda Download Portal.
- Search for the update package to the target firmware.
- Click on the update package. The package details window opens.
- Verify that the hotfixes listed in the Blocked by packages on NG Firewall / NG Control Center sections are not installed on the firewall or Control Center you want to update.
If your firewall or Control Center has a blocking hotfix installed, you can wait either for an update packet that includes this update, or for a newer firmware version that is not blocked by the hotfix. Alternatively for hardware firewalls, you can re-image with F-Series Install. For more information, see How to Recover a NextGen F-Series Firewall or Control Center Appliance with a USB Flash Drive.
Step 1. Download the Update
You can download the update packages from the UPDATES dashboard element, or directly from Barracuda Cloud Control.
Download via Update Element in NextGen Admin Dashboard
The Update element is disabled by default. Enable the element to see all available updates, hotfixes, and NextGen Admin updates in the dashboard element. The update element is not available for managed NextGen Firewall F-Series units.
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Advanced Configuration > Firmware Update.
- Click Lock
- In the Update Notification section set Enable to yes.
- (optional) Enter the Check Interval in minutes.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
- Go to the DASHBOARD.
- In the UPDATES element, locate the update or hotfix.
- Click the download icon. Your default browser opens and starts to download the update file.
Download from Barracuda Cloud Control
Go to Barracuda Cloud Control and download the update or hotfix. For more information, see How to Download Applications, Updates, and Hotfixes.
Step 2. Updating with NextGen Admin
- Go to CONTROL > Box.
In the left menu, expand the Operating System section and click Install Update.
- Select the update file. (e.g.,
- Click Yes to start the update.
- Wait for the update to finish.
Your unit reboots after the update is finished.